Wet weather may cause butterfly numbers to decline
12 July 2012
Butterfly Conservation's survey, the Big Butterfly Count, runs from 14 July to 5 August - peak butterfly season.
President of Butterfly Conservation Sir David Attenborough has warned that butterfly numbers may suffer because of wet weather.
"[It] has made life hard for... butterflies and things could get worse unless conditions improve," he said.
The annual survey relies on public participation and is thought to be the biggest in the world.
Click here to read the full article on the bbc website.
- 07/03/2017 HOWL programme is almost full for 2017
- 22/02/2017 Second Polytunnel Erected
- 25/03/2015 Poly Tunnel Update
- 12/12/2014 Highland Wilderness Experience 2015
- 02/12/2014 Poly Tunnel Progressing
- 20/09/2014 Dingwall Academy Seed Collection Day at Alladale Wilderness Reserve
- 21/02/2013 Highland Birchwoods update, February 2013
- 05/02/2013 Highland Birchwoods welcomes new board members
- 01/02/2013 Plant Identification Skills Training, May & June 2013
- 28/08/2012 Highlands and Islands Woodfuel Group meets in Kingussie